Proyecto AGROintegra - Demonstration of sustainable alternatives to chemical products for European crop protection (LIFE13 ENV/ES/000665)
The overall objective of LIFE AGROintegra is to minimize environmental risks in crop protection of cereals, vegetables, fruit trees and vineyard, through the demonstration of the feasibility of more sustainable alternatives for pests, diseases and weeds control, and the support to the implementation of Directive 2009/128/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council, establishing a framework for Community action to achieve the sustainable use of pesticides by the targeted stakeholders.
In order to achieve this goal, LIFE AGROintegra has set the following specific objectives:
- Demonstrate the environmental benefits of implementing alternative methods of crop protection.
- Contribute to zero residue in food, thanks to integrated pest management (IPM) techniques.
- Bring innovative IPM techniques closer to farmers via practical demonstrations.
- Develop a specific DST for farmers, proposing methods for pests, diseases and weeds control in each specific plot and situation.
- Raise awareness among farmers and advisors on the advantages of more sustainable crop protection methods, so that the transfer of knowledge, solutions and tools is comprehensive, effective and fast.
- Unify all knowledge generated in a working protocol that facilitates users the change towards an integrated crop protection.